Mission RootEd is a 501c3 grassroots organization that promotes neighborhood public schools through storytelling, advocacy, and education. We believe a strong public school system for all children creates a robust economy and well-connected community.
To ensure a free public education for all students remains a pillar of American society.
What We Do:
- Promote our neighborhood schools in a variety of ways, including social media
- Tell positive stories about our schools
- Dispel myths about public schools through conversations and introducing parents to their neighborhood schools
- Ensure parents understand the truth about public school funding, and what it means to them personally and to our community
- Support pro-public education candidates and legislators
When in the process of choosing a school for their children, parents are seeking information about their neighborhood schools. Unfortunately, they often receive an incomplete picture that is limited to confusing test scores and sporadic social media posts. Schools simply do not have the time or resources to spend on marketing, but they desperately need to be able to tell their story. That’s where RootEd comes in! We are looking for volunteer teams of parents, students, and teachers to help tell the story of their school through social media, outreach events, and grassroots marketing campaigns. Here are some other examples of ways to be RootEd:
- Enroll your children in your neighborhood school
- Volunteer or mentor at your neighborhood school
- Attend school sporting events, musical or theatre productions, and science fairs
- Shop at school book fairs and other fundraisers
- Provide teacher support through supply donations or classroom assistance
- Vote for pro-public education candidates and initiatives
- Tell your positive neighborhood school story to your friends and on social media
- Participate in your neighborhood HOA and events
- Join us in educating our friends and community about all the wonderful things public education provides
- Connect a parent to their neighborhood school by sharing positive stories or inviting them to an event
Connect with us!
Facebook Twitter Instagram
Follow these organizations to stay up to date on all that’s happening in public education in San Antonio and Texas.
Raise Your Hand Texas
Pastors for Texas Children